Modifying the URL used for CRM 2011 after installation can be achieved using the following steps:
- Update the IIS bindings for the CRM 2011 website on the server running CRM to the new value you want to use
- Open IIS Manager
- Select the Microsoft Dynamics CRM website
- Click ‘Bindings’ in the action panel at the right of the screen
- Select the binding to modify
- Click ‘Edit’ and modify the host name and port to the new value.
- Close the dialog and IIS Manager.
- Update the ServerURL registry entry with the new URL you want to use. The registry entry can be found at KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM. Note that the key value should be of the form http(s)://<New URL>:<Port Number>/MSCRMServices
- Modify the global settings for CRM from within the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager*:
- Start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager
- Right-click on the ‘Microsoft Dynamics CRM’ entry at the top of the left pane of the window shown
- Click ‘Properties’
- Select the ‘Web Address’ tab on the dialog which is shown
- Modify the addresses shown appropriately. Note that if the binding type is modified from HTTP to HTTPS you will need to install the appropriate certificate into IIS as well.
- Click OK to close the dialog and close Microsoft Dynamics CRM Deployment Manager
- Restart the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service, or restart the server
* Note: This step replaces the use of the Microsoft CRM Deployment Configuration Tool used to make these changes for CRM 4.0.