Whilst I have been on holiday my PC has been switched off and in a laptop bag. This did not seem to stopped me getting problems when I tried to use it again…
- Outlook could not sync to O365 – turns out there had been some changes in our hybrid Exchange infrastructure, I just need to restart/patch the PC on our company LAN to pick up all the new group policy settings etc.
- Could not login to OneDrive getting a script error https://auth.gfx.ms/16.000.26657.00/DefaultLogin_Core.js
This second problem was a bit more complex to fix.
- Load Internet Explorer (not Edge)
- Go to Settings > Internet Options > Security
- Pick Trusted Sites and manually add the URL https://auth.gfx.ms as a trusted site.
- Unload the OneDrive desktop client
- Reload the OneDrive desktop client and you should get the usual LiveID login and all is good
- Interestingly – if you remove the trusted site setting the login still appears to work, but for how long I don’t know. I assume something is being cached.
So it appears there have been a few changes on security whilst I have been away.
I have been on holiday in Nepal for a couple of weeks; trekking to Annapurna Base Camp
Whilst I was ‘off the grid’ a video I made on using the tools within VSTS to build a DevOps pipeline got published on Channel9
Hope you find it useful
Note to myself: In the future I must make sure I have my eyes open for the landing screen. - Now fixed thanks to the CH9 curators
Great day at DDDNorth yesterday, hope everyone enjoyed it. Thanks to all the team who helped during the preparation and on the day.
The slides from Rik Hepworth and my presentation on ‘Living the dream - Real world DevOps with Azure and VSTS’ are up at Github.
We were a late stand in session to cover for a presenter who could not attend on the day. So I hope it was not too much of let down, that we were not the speaker on the agenda, covered a different subject and did not match the title the spell checker converted out session title too. Though ‘Devils with Arms and Cats’ is maybe a good term for DevOps?
As to the grok talk I did at lunchtime on developing VSTS extension with VS Code, there are no slides; but look at these past posts, building VSTS tasks with Powershell and putting a release process around vsts extension development they are on similar subjects.